The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
OCTOBER AT BERKELEY CASTLE
HALLOWEEN CASTLE THRILLS FROM SUNDAY 23rd - WEDNESDAY 26th OCTOBER - open till 7pm every day
- Creep down to our cellars if you dare and meet our Wizards & Witches as they stir up some wicked spells and potions
- Venture into the Great Hall from 4.30pm every day to see owls swooping around and take some fantastic photos too
- Come dressed as a Witch or Wizard, join our fancy dress parade in the Great Hall at 6pm every day - you could win a prize!
- Carve your own pumpkin to take home and leave all the mess with us!
- Call into the Yurt Tearoom for a halloween themed treat
- Bring wellies and a torch, explore the Castle after dark as we stay open until 7pm each day (last entry 6pm)
- Enjoy delicious hot snacks, toffee apples and drinks from our pop-up take-away in the Castle grounds
POLDARK RETURNS TO OUR SCREENS WITH A FEW FAMILIAR BACKDROPS!
We were thrilled when the BBC chose Berkeley Castle to film many scenes for their multi-award winning series, Wolf Hall, our visitors have enjoyed spotting where Mark Rylance, Claire Foy and their fellow actors played out many of those famous scenes.
We're equally delighted to announce that the Castle has also been used for the filming of Poldark, series 2. See if you can spot some familiar Castle rooms when the new series is aired from Sunday 4th September!