The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Fun for everyone during the school holidays & Grandparents come free on Mondays!
- Check our What's On page to discover all of our summer holiday activities, Archery, Jester Skills, Sword-fighting, Falconry to name but a few
Save time and purchase your tickets on-line, remember to complete the Gift Aid information if you are a UK Taxpayer and return free of charge for up to 12 months.
- Grandparents get free entry on Mondays throughout July & August* with a full paying grandchild (£6) and a free hot drink with any soft drink or icecream purchased
* Not applicable on 27th August, bank holiday Monday
'The Royal Wardrobe' Costume Exhibition: Sunday 20th - Wednesday 23rd August
- If you've ever admired the beautiful costumes of our Tudor Royals and their courtiers, come along to the Great Hall and enjoy the opportunity to get up close to these exquisite creations. Gina Clarke from Tudor Dreams Historical Costumiers will be here to discuss these incredible costumes and each day you'll be able to watch the dressing down of a Tudor Queen - it's fascinating to learn how long it would have taken for a Queen to get dressed in Tudor times!
Queen Elizabeth 1st descends upon the Castle!
- Come to Berkeley Castle on Sunday 27th & Monday 28th August and be prepared to meet a feisty Queen! Find out how the Queen upset the Earl and killed many of his prize deer. See the Royal Pavilion and enjoy living history displays in the Castle grounds.