The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Spooktacular half term fun lined up for Halloween - Sunday 21st until Wednesday 24th October
Come along to Berkeley Castle for a real treat during half term week, each day the Ticket Office opens at 10.30am and last entry is at 4pm, the Castle closes at 5pm.
Here's our line-up of events for the four days:
- Creep along to the Cellars and Kitchen and meet friendly Wizards & Witches
- Carve your very own pumpkin to take home in the Education Room throughout the day (a small charge of £2.50 applies)
- Get toasty around the camp fire with a delicious marshmallow or two - in the woodland grove from 2pm until 4.30pm
- Cosy up in the Morning Room and hear spooky tales from Cassandra, our friendly witch at 11.30am, 1.30pm & 3.30pm
- The Great Hall is the place to be to meet the Wizard and his wise owls, they'll be waiting to see you from 1pm until 5pm
- Explore the Castle and Grounds and watch out for cobwebs, spiders and skeletons - read the story of the Berkeley Witch, will you find the GIANT TOAD?
- Last but definitely not least, if all of this activity has made you hungry, make sure you call into our Snack Shack or Yurt Tearoom for a tasty treat!