The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Sunday 25th June - Falconry displays and Shakespeare returns!
Sunday 25th June
- Meet our falconer and his birds of prey. Watch fascinating falconry displays on our Lower Lawns against the spectacular backdrop of the Castle
- Call into our Butterfly House it's a profusion of colour - both plants and butterflies!
- Berkeley Show takes place on the Castle Meadow - separate entry fee applies
Sunday 25th June - Tuesday 11th July - Shakespeare returns for our Outdoor Theatre performances- bring a picnic and enjoy these wonderful plays as they're acted out against the magnificent backdrop of the Castle
- Following the great success of last year, we're delighted that Split Second Productions will be returning with TWO Shakespeare plays
- See matinee and evening performances of Much Ado About Nothing and A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Tickets for each play to be purchased in advance on line from the What's On page, here on our website
We're in the process of upgrading our till systems and hope to have on-line admission ticket sales set up soon; however it's not essential to purchase admission tickets in advance - there's plenty of room for everyone!