The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Tudor royalty, Knight School, Butterflies & Shakespeare too!
May is a great month to visit Berkeley Castle, the Butterfly House has reopened, always a great favourite with our visitors. The gardens are bursting into life with beautiful blooms around every corner. The plant sales area is packed with shrubs and we've some great gardening gifts in our shop too.
As we head towards the school half term, why not plan ahead and book an exciting sword fighting session with our galant knights from Dressed to Kill.
- We have two sessions running every day, one for ages 5-9 and one for ages 10 to adult.
- Knight School takes place every day from Sunday 28th May until Wednesday 31st May.
- Don't miss the Warriors Show every day at 3.30pm where you'll find out more about the weapons knights would have used centuries ago.
Our terrific Tudor royals will be back on Sunday 28th May and bank holiday Monday 29th May. They are a magnificent group and really bring the Castle to life with stunning costumes and an incredible knowledge of Tudor history too.
Last but definitely not least, following the success of last year's outdoor theatre performances, we're delighted to announce that Split Second Productions are making a welcome return this year. Tickets are now on sale from our website for matinee and evening performances of A Midsummer Night's Dream and Much Ado About Nothing. Performances last year sold out well in advance, so please book soon to avoid disappointment.
- Enjoy an audience with King Henry VIII, his beautiful Queen Anne Boleyn and their courtiers at 1pm each day.
- Take a look at our Tripadvisor page to see the fantastic reviews they received following their visit earlier in the month.
We have lots of exciting events over the coming months, see our What's On page for further information.
We're in the process of upgrading our till systems and hope to have on-line ticket sales set up soon; however it's not essential to purchase admission tickets in advance - there's plenty of room for everyone!